Verbrec was engaged to deliver the new Flotation Plant Process Control System (PCS) which comprised AB ControlLogix PLC equipment together with a FactoryTalk View SCADA system.
A new Motor Control Centre (MCC) was built in Brisbane and Verbrec performed its factory acceptance test before it was transported to the Sepon Mine site in Laos.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, Verbrec personnel were unable to travel to Laos for the PCS commissioning. To overcome this, Verbrec and the client’s engineers utilised third-party software to work collaboratively and perform the commissioning works. Scope of the project included:
- procurement of PCS hardware
- development of PLC/SCADA software
- factory acceptance test (FAT) of the new MCC
- FAT of the new PLC/SCADA software
- provision of remote commissioning assistance.