As part of the Rio Tinto Iron Ore PSU 330B project, involving the installation of power generation and transmission system equipment across Western Australia’s Pilbara region, the liquid fuel handling facilities at Cape Lambert required upgrading.
The upgrade work involved the design, supply, construction and commissioning of the following:
- Cape Lambert Fuel Facility (CLFF) pumping station inclusive of transfer pumps, pipework, valves, etc.
- 6.5 km DN100 aboveground pipeline between CLFF and 10KP locomotive refuelling facility
- 10KP pumping station and ancillary components to integrate with the existing CLFF
- 0.4 km DN100 aboveground lateral pipeline from the CLFF and 10KP pipeline to the new Cape Lambert Power Station (CLPS)
- pumping station at CLPS, inclusive of liquid fuel return pump and filtration
- all associated civil, structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation works.
Verbrec was subcontracted to provide the engineering design, procurement and commissioning of the pipelines and associated facilities.