The project was the construction of one of QLD’s first green hydrogen generation facilities, entirely solar powered, as a demonstration pilot.
The system comprised of:
- a pressurised water electrolyser unit,
- a hydrogen purification unit providing hydrogen at the required purity for use in fuel cell generators and electric vehicles.
- a hydrogen solid state storage unit to store product hydrogen at low pressure by adsorbing it to a specially designed substrate.
Verbrec was engaged to provide engineering support for construction and commissioning, including:
- compliance to Australian regulations
- standards for process modules
- HA design and sign-off
- design verification and registration of pressure
- HAZOP: Interconnection of process modules to ensure safe operation
- vehicle fuel loading design
- traffic, parking and stormwater assessment for DA lodgment