Verbrec executed the Stream 2 Initiation Phase Study (IPS) to produce comprehensive option analysis and costing for the multi-faceted project, spanning five BMA sites. Scope of the project included:
- site audits
- documentation review
- concept designs
- class 4/5 estimates.
The study assessed:
- the replacement of obsolete control system infrastructure with standardised components to allow non-invasive deployment of future value chain automation (VCA) initiatives to improve safety and productivity
- the delivery of standardised plant control hardware and software platforms across BMA assets
- ELV and LV control panel segregation options
- digitisation of the plant data in anticipation of augmented reality (AR) environments for maintenance and fault-finding tools
- a functional safety audit of safety-related parts of control systems.
The asset database produced during site audits was used in a Microsoft Business Intelligence workflow to dynamically produce an equivalency equipment bill of materials (BOM) and associated costings.